Authorities say a series of explosions and ensuing fire at a Lake Tahoe home were caused by a butane honey oil lab.
Authorities responded to a report of multiple explosions at 1104 Kyburz Ave., around 5:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 11, according to the city.
A residential structure was fully engulfed in flames.
As firefighters attempted to contain the blaze, multiple smaller explosions occurred as butane gas canisters ignited, according to the city. The explosions sent flaming canisters into the air toward other homes.
An investigation found a butane honey oil — a cannabis extract — lab at the site of the explosion.
Police arrested a South Lake Tahoe man and anticipate making more arrests as the investigation continues. No injuries were reported.
The city asks anyone with information regarding the incident to call the South Lake Tahoe Police Department and reference case number 1901-1089.
Anyone with information regarding other cannabis honey oil labs or anyone who