POT TOPICS is a weekly collection of cannabis-related news curated by the Chicago Sun-Times. Here’s this week’s top stories:
- Former Wrigley Company CEO gets into the pot game;
- The American Osteopathic Association wants the feds to reclassify marijuana;
- Pharmacann introduces dissolvable cannabis capsules;
- Denver pot sales continue to increase;
- Study: Most DUI drivers in Colorado test positive for weed.
Wrigley heir joins medical cannabis company
Surterra recently closed a $65 million fundraising round that was led by Wrigley. The Atlanta-based company — which manufactures cannabis products and is licensed to operate medical dispensaries in Florida and Texas — has raised over $100 million since 2015.
“I am thrilled to join the Surterra team and help