Marijuana users feel MORE pain, study debunks theory cannabis numbs discomfort
- After an injury, cannabis users require higher doses of painkillers than non users
- Higher painkiller doses prolongs people’s hospital stay and delays their recovery
- Drug is illegal in the UK and many US states; therefore it is not used in hospitals
- After injury, addicts may experience withdrawal that worsens their pain
- Washington, Oregon, California, Alaska and Colorado have legalised marijuana
Marijuana users feel more pain, new research suggests.
After an injury, people who use cannabis require higher doses of painkillers than non