GARDNERVILLE, Nev. (KOLO)– A man hospitalized after a flash fire in Gardnerville will face charges.
This is a screenshot of a video produced by Citywide Video News of the scene of a flash fire and explosion in Gardnerville.
Douglas County Sheriff’s Office and East Fork Fire Protection District responded to a structure fire at the Stodick Apartments in Gardnerville January 14, 2018. Crews found an extinguished appliance fire and 22-year-old Adam Fitzgerald-Wermesan, of the Gardnerville Ranchos, with third-degree burns. He was flown Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno.
Douglas County investigators say the fire originated from an illegal Butane Hash Oil extraction process, in which highly-potent THC from marijuana is extracted with butane. They say the process is very volatile and highly likely to cause an explosion.
Fitzgerald-Wermesan faces the charge of Unlawful to Extract Concentrated Cannabis, which will be submitted to