A Colorado doctor who wrote a case report with a colleague detailing the death of an 11-month-old baby after he was exposed to cannabis is now saying the infant did not die from an overdose.
“We are absolutely not saying that marijuana killed that child,” Dr. Thomas Nappe told the Washington Post on Thursday.
Nappe, and his colleague, Dr. Christopher Hoyte, published a study in the journal “Clinical Practice and Cases in Emergency Medicine” about a young patient who was rushed to the emergency room after having a seizure.
Nappe and Hoyte wrote that the baby was “lethargic” and had been retching in the days leading up to his hospitalization. They said the baby, who was not identified, was otherwise healthy before the incident.
The baby later died at the hospital.
An autopsy revealed that the infant had myocarditis, a