The incident happened about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of E. Elm Ave., according to Monroe Police reports.
A City of Monroe resident suffered non life-threatening injuries from an explosion Tuesday morning that resulted from the manufacturing of cannabis oil in the 700 block of E. Elm Ave.
According to Monroe Police, the explosion happened about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday and prompted both the Monroe Fire Department and police to respond to the residence on a report of a “heater that caught fire.” The small fire was quickly extinguished, said Capt. Chad J. Tolstedt.
“An investigation revealed that a small explosion had occurred,” Tolstedt said.
The injured person was taken to an area hospital for treatment and the house sustained minor damage from the explosion and subsequent fire, reports showed.
Officers at the scene found evidence that the resident may have been making cannabis oil using butane, which may have